30 November 2005

Rent movie soundtrack

I've been listening to the soundtrack for the movie Rent in the past few days.

Rent is actually an off-Broadway musical that was written ten years ago. Unfortunately, it came out around when I was merely a freshman in high school and couldn't appreciate it. I did remember singing the hit song "Seasons of Love" in my high school choir and rather enjoying the music. I still haven't seen the stage production. I finally saw the movie version (which is as good as the musical according to fans) less than a week ago.

Rent is very popular among people my age +/- 10 years. It resonates with me for several reasons. It's a musical about loneliness and friendship, about feeling misunderstood and underappreciated, about living in the moment, and about appreciating what we have.

I'll leave off this entry with a snippet of lyrics from the song "Life Support":
There's only us,
There's only this,
Forget regret,
Or life is yours to miss.
No other road,
No other way,
No day but today.

No comments:

Post a Comment