- Episode 1: Imposter! - Some perspective on why you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
- Episode 2: Screwed! - How to resolve conflicts with colleagues.
- Episode 3: Your thesis - How to plan and write your thesis.
- Episode 4: Postdoc - How to get a postdoc and how to be a postdoc.
- Episode 5: Travel - The cost of travel and how to make travel easier on yourself.
- Episode 6: Junior faculty positions - How to look for junior faculty positions and put together your application, how to manage your interview and visit, and how to negotiate offers.
- Episode 7: Giving a talk on your work - Some general advice about giving good talks and some specific advice about how to give different types of talks in academia.
- Episode 8: Getting tenure - How to go about getting tenure.
- Episode 9: Teaching - How to prepare for your first course, how to manage the logistics of the course, and some general advice about good teaching.
- Episode 10: Vacation - Why you should take a vacation, what counts as a vacation, and how to plan for one.
- Episode 11: What to work on - How to get funding, how to work with collaborations and students, and how to use your department/university as a resource.
- Episode 12: Summary - Main points of Sequence II.
02 November 2007
Complete notes on Fisher Files, Sequence II
I finally got around to finishing my notes on all twelve episodes of the Fisher Files, Sequence II. Here are links to the notes to each episode.