28 April 2006

Ergonomic book holder: Atlas Ultra

I'm a fan of nice ergonomic stuff -- fun and useful for your long-term health. I have a cool Goldtouch keyboard and I have my eye on a Herman Miller Aeron chair (when I have enough money to justify the cost someday).

One thing I've noticed recently is that there is no ergonomic way to read a book if the book is lying on a horizontal surface (like a table). My sister suggested a book holder. A quick web search, several months ago, led me to the website of Atlas bookholders.

I now have two Atlas Ultra bookholders (in black). OK, I have expensive taste, but I really like them. They're very adjustable and they come with little metal rods which act as page stoppers.

Now I can read my books without crunching my neck and back. I'll avoid developing academic hunchback syndrome as illustrated in this comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment