13 October 2011

Link of the day: Program your daily tasks on your calendar

I was glad to learn that I'm not the only one who puts mundane tasks like "gym" and "schedule haircut" on my calendar.  Whitson Gordon (who seems to be the best writer on Lifehacker these days) wrote a very nice post about how he schedules basically everything on his Google calendar

I like doing this for many reasons.
  1. You don't have to waste your cognitive energy on worrying about when to do these boring, routine tasks.
  2. The calendar tells you when to do it. Think of it as your electronic mother. If you tell yourself, maybe I'll clean the bathroom this week, it's not going to get done. If your mother tells you to do it this afternoon, you are much more likely to get it done.
  3. The calendar enables you to get the chores done on a regular basis so you keep your life in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment