29 August 2006

Intentions

Steve Pavlina has been writing on the theme of intention lately.

What a simple, but powerful idea. If we just thought about what we wanted to do instead of dithering around, we could accomplish so much more.

In the spirit of Steve's idea, I will publicly declare my intentions.
  • I will be happy and optimistic all the time. (I've had a lot of downs in the past few years.)
  • I will become a stronger, healthier, more athletic person. (I feel fit, but I want to do better. I would like to become a better hockey player.)
  • I will become a theoretical physics professor at a first rate research university or liberal arts college. (The first step is to do an outstanding thesis project.)
  • I will become more informed about physics, both past developments and current research.
  • I will meet and befriend new, interesting people.
  • I will become closer to my parents and develop a stronger rapport with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment