12 December 2008

7 December game recap vs Ice Breakers

Score: 3-2 win
Opposition: We were pretty evenly matched, but I thought our team was slightly better. The Ice Breakers weren't fast skaters, but they positioned well and used their sticks well.
Team performance: Our team played well after a crappy first period. The coach mentioned that we played "hot potato" in the first period. We frequently have slow starts. We gave up two goals early on, but we came back to win in dramatic fashion. We pulled the goalie in the last minute and Melissa (a righty) scored off a nice one-timer off a rebound, from the left side of the net.

My performance: My play sucked. I wasn't mentally prepared to play and I was knocked to the ice many times in the first period. Way more falling than usual for me. After the first period, I got frustrated and started playing a bit better. Towards the end of the second period, I was hanging around the crease and the defenseman decided to hold my stick in her arms for five seconds. I was incredibly frustrated. When she finally released my stick, I slashed her on the shin guards directly in front of the referee. Then the two us go matching penalties. The two friends I invited to watch me play got to see me sit in the penalty box. What I had one good play where I carried the puck up the left side into the offensive zone. And I also had a good forecheck towards the end of the game, to keep the puck near the offensive zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment