27 December 2008

Scrubs and Buffy

I'm home for the holidays and the change in environment has given me more time to think and reflect. Lately, I've been watching the TV shows Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (At some point, I intend to write more about these shows.) At first glance, it doesn't seem like the two have much in common. Scrubs is about newly-minted doctors in their late 20s struggling to survive the hospital on top of their young adult lives. Buffy is a show about a group of high school teens who fight vampires and other supernatural forces. There is much I could say. For instance, both shows are also artistically inventive shows that transcend their genre. Medical drama in the case of Scrubs and horror in the case of Buffy. However, in terms of my life, I relate to the common element of young adults trying to find their identity and their struggle to break free from authority and recognize their own powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment