13 January 2009

Baseball song trivia

I've had an interest in baseball music since I heard "Go Cubs Go" at Wrigley Field. Here are some of the songs I know about.

Chicago Cubs
Victory song - Go Cubs Go by Steve Goodman

Boston Red Sox
Middle of 8th inning - Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
Victory song - Dirty Water by The Standells

The lyrics "dirty water" refer to the Charles River which has a notorious reputation for being so dirty that if you fell in a few years ago, you had to go to the hospital.

New York Yankees
Mariano Rivera coming out to mound - Enter Sandman by Metallica
Victory song - New York, New York performed by Frank Sinatra

I don't like the Yankees, but you have to include them for historical reasons. I've attended Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees games.

No comments:

Post a Comment