09 May 2006

Make your office reflect who you want to be

It was a pleasant surprise to spot these links from a Lifehacker post today: Set up your workspace and Creating a productive workspace. All good advice about how to think about creating an ideal work environment.

A few weeks ago, I also did a small office makeover. I decided I wanted to be more serious so I removed the cartoon poster from my wall. I cleared everything off my desk except what I was using for my current project. A few months ago, I also added a few plants. It's nice to have something to take care of (besides spyware on computers).

I also like the idea of working in different positions. I've tried sitting on top of my desk and propping my back against the wall with a cushion. I also put my book on a book holder and put the holder on top of a file cabinet so I can read standing up. Sometimes it's just good to do something slightly different; it feels refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment