23 May 2007

Link of the day: Physical Review Letters RSS feed

I'm cheating a bit, since I'm writing about a feed, not a link. In Episode 12: What to Read, Peter Fisher says that PRL (Physical Review Letters) is a must-read for all physicists. He thinks that everyone should at least glance at the titles to get a feel for what's going on outside of their field. I subscribe to the arXiv feeds on cond-mat and quant-ph, but these articles are usually confined to condensed matter and atomic physics. So to broaden my horizons, I am now subscribing to the PRL RSS feed. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the American Physical Society (which publishes Physical Review) only bothers to send the first few sentences of the abstract. What are they doing?! Trying to save on bandwidth??

No comments:

Post a Comment