05 March 2008

March 2 game recap vs Storrs Lady Lightning

I played an average game, not too bad, not too good. I had a few good breakouts. In one, I came down the left side and shot at the right post. The goalie blocked the shot, but my linemate put the rebound into the net. In another breakout, it was a similar situation. I came down the left side and shot at the right post. The goalie missed the puck, but unfortunately, the post covered for that mistake. I was fortunate to play on a line with Melissa again. We have really good chemistry. We like to dump the puck to each other behind the net. Strangely, I played on the third line, but we seemed to be the best forward line out of three. The assistant coach made up the rosters, so I guess he wanted to give some other players the honor of playing the first line.

I'm still having trouble winning puck battles. I need to focus on playing man and attacking the opponent's stick.

The Lady Lightning were pretty evenly matched with our team. They were slightly better though, which is why they won 2-1. We were stuck in our defensive zone more than I would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment