03 February 2006

VGA box as a handy gamer solution

I bought an Nintendo Gamecube but I didn't want to also get a TV.

The solution I found was to get a Mayflash VGA Box (see photo below). It allows you to connect a Gamecube, Microsoft Xbox, or Sony PlayStation 2 console to your computer monitor.



Here is a shot of the VGA box alongside the Gamecube.



The VGA box is especially useful if you already have a nice computer monitor (mine is a 20" LCD) and don't want to spend money on a TV (who needs those anyways?) I really like the fact that the VGA box doesn't need an external power source; it draws its power from the Gamecube. Also, the box can be set up as a switch between your PC and game console. That means that you can switch between your PC and console by just turning the VGA box on/off. When the box is off, it just acts like a pass-through connection for your computer sound card and monitor.

Now I can play Mario Kart on my computer monitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment