14 December 2007

Association as a way to develop new habits

I've been trying to eat more fruit, but somehow I always found some excuse not to do it. Recently, I decided to make eating fruit part of my breakfast. And I'm proud to say that I've eaten a piece of fruit every day for the past two weeks! Another habit I've developed is doing a morning stretch. I write an entry in my worklog most mornings (just a short sentence about what work I plan to accomplish). I noticed that my body was getting cramped at the end of the day and I was developing a terrible backache so I started doing a stretch along with my worklog entry.

By associating a new habit with an older, more successful one, I have managed to greatly accelerate my personal development process. The next challenge is to go to the gym 5 days a week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment