24 January 2006

Amateur photography

I like taking pictures. Someday, I'd like to get better at it. I think it would be a cool hobby.

Through an hour's of window surfing, I think the Canon Powershot S80 would be an awesome choice. It's compact and loaded with features, a middle ground between the point-and-shoot ultracompacts and the fancy digital SLRs. Plus, the S80 has wide angle for those breathtaking panoramic shots or large group portraits. Maybe I'll magically find $500 lying around...

One thing I wonder about is the S80's 8 megapixels. That's twice the number of my current camera (a Canon Powershot S400)!!! What do you do with all those extra pixels??!! Will I want to frame my "masterpiece" on the wall? OK, I'll save the speculation for when I get the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment