14 January 2006

More computer games

My sister noted that I forgot some games in my video/computer game history.

One of my favorite games was Star Control II -- an adventure/action game. You travel around in a spaceship, meeting other alien races, conducting diplomatic conversations, searching for relics, etc. If you get into a fight with another alien race, the game switches into an arcade style spaceship battle.

Another game I enjoyed was Diablo where you play a character who fights skeletons and other monsters in a dungeon. It's a rather dark game. Usually I don't do very well at this genre, but I did manage to beat this game.

Then there are educational games. I grew up with Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? (a puzzle mystery game) and Oregon Trail (an adventure game). I also played quite a few Learning Company titles like Spellbound (spelling bees), Math Blaster, and the Incredible Machine (a game where you build Rube-Goldberg machines, not sure if this one was made by the Learning Company). Carmen San Diego and Oregon Trail are truly children's classics; I believe they are still made.

No comments:

Post a Comment