26 January 2006

Top games and game soundtracks of all time

While surfing the World Wide Web, I found a nice top 10 list for game soundtracks from Gamespot. I haven't played any of the games mentioned except for Final Fantasy VII, but I am a proud order of the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack (4 CDs of synthesized music!) Apparently, the #1 soundtrack was Final Fantasy VI. Hard to believe that a 1990s SNES game was the best, considering the limitations of computer-generated music those days!

I also found two top game lists: IGN's Top 100 Games and Gamespot's Greatest Games of All Time. Of the 100 games on IGN's list, I've played 25 of them. Of the 71 games on Gamespot's list, I've played 20 of them. Well, maybe I haven't missed out on too much! Besides all the great retro games end up being ported to Game Boy Advance. Final Fantasy IV was released last year and apparently V and VI will also be released in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment