31 January 2006

Hello Garden!

Last night, I went to Madison Square Garden for the first time.

Here's a shot of the flashly sign outside:



I went to see the New York Rangers (blue/red) play against their rival, the Phildelphia Flyers (white/orange).



I paid for a really expensive seat, but it was worth it. I got close up views of non-stop hockey action. Here are some shots of the Rangers during their warmup:




Here's the scenic view from seats higher up:



Using my Powershot S400, I managed to snap this shot of the puck being dropped at a faceoff. That Flyer on the left side of the faceoff circle is either incredibly fast or jumped the whistle.



Alas, the Rangers lost 3-2 in overtime after leading by 2-0. At least Jaromir Jagr scored a goal.



Here I am in front of the net after the end of the game.



For the record, I think Madison Square Garden is a great arena. There weren't too many advertisements or concession stands. I felt like the focus was on the event and not on selling things.

No comments:

Post a Comment