09 January 2006

Useful stuff: Computer hardware

I like being practical and efficient. So I'm starting a little series of posts about stuff I find useful (mostly things I already have).

  • A nice LCD monitor (17" and up) - I recommend one of the Dell models since they are automatically height and tilt adjustable.
  • Thinkpad - a great laptop for on the go, especially the T series
  • An external backup hard drive - I'd like to get a one-touch hard drive that backs up with a press of a button
  • "Good" keyboard - I recommend the Goldtouch keyboard. The keys have a nice touch, it has no numeric keyboard (so you can put the mouse closer to you), good key layout, and ergonomic adjustable splitting and tilting. It's not ridiculously expensive or frilled with gratuitous features.
  • Computer speakers - I'm not audiophile, but I've had a good experience with the Creative I-trigue 2200. They are compact 2:0 speakers, look stylish, and sound good.

No comments:

Post a Comment