18 July 2007

Link of the day: Personal productivity scaffold

Steve Pavlina just wrote another great post, this time about how to make a "personal productivity scaffold." This is the perfect companion piece to go with his post on microtasks.

Basically, the productivity scaffold sounds like a more elaborate form of scripting. I've tried to do some version of the productivity scaffold now and then, but I always seem to lose interest and forget about it (just like my weekly review). The interesting thing about Pavlina's formula for scripting is that he includes time for envisioning successful outcomes, meditating, and "breath[ing] deeply to clear mind and release work for the day." I've never thought of that, but it sounds like a good idea.

If I put together the productivity scaffold and microtasks, I bet my productivity would go way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment