09 July 2007

Reducing the internet time sink

Inspired by Scott Young's post on reducing internet usage, I have come up with the following plan to reduce my own usage.

First, a set amount of time to do internet reading and email while eating breakfast. I'll try 30 minutes. Second, a set amount of time for my bedtime internet reading. I'll try an hour.

I notice that I have a tendency to open up a whole bunch of links from my RSS feeds. I think a strategy to help prioritize the links would be to go through all the feeds rapid-fire, open up all links that seem interesting, and then sort them by priority. Then I can read them from higher to lower priority. If I don't get to something within my time limit, I don't have to worry about missing something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment